PUBLIC WORKS SEASONAL SNOW PLOWING – ON CALL – PART TIME – VILLAGE OF GRAFTON, OHIO
The Village of Grafton Ohio is a growing community located in eastern Lorain County. Grafton seeks to fill part-time seasonal workers for ON-CALL snow removal. Pay range for the open position is based on experience, range is $17.00 to $18.00 per hour.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED with sufficient work experience involving manual labor/equipment operation or a combination of basic education and work experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Experience in construction, snow removal, landscaping, and performing heavy manual labor preferred. Experience in the operation of ground maintenance, equipment, plant pest & disease diagnosis and treatment. General knowledge of maintenance tasks. Good physical strength and stamina required, and a willingness and ability to work under varying climatic conditions. Must be able to understand and follow oral instructions and write.
- Knowledge of city, department and safety policies, procedures and knowledge of the handling and application of the chemicals necessary to maintain a safe work environment and personal safety.
- Knowledge of general construction and road repair.
- Skill in operating construction equipment,
- Skill in operating light and heavy equipment such as a frontend loader, dump truck and in the use of basic tools such as packing tools, socket wrenches, power tools, screwdrivers, and handling heavy materials.
- A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record are required. Both must be maintained throughout employment. (CDL NOT REQUIRED).
- Skill in the use of grounds maintenance equipment.
- Must be able to pass preemployment screening including a drug test, and be willing to take random drug tests when asked.
Due to the public records laws of Ohio, application materials cannot be considered confidential.
Position Remains open until filled. Completed application can be mailed to 960 Main St, Grafton, OH 44044, or emailed to Grafton Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Position open until filled.
Village of Grafton Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.