Time of Collection: To ensure your recycling and rubbish materials removal, please place the rubbish on the opposite side of your driveway from the recyclables, by 6:00 A.M.
Day of Collection: Recycling and rubbish materials will be picked up on the same day each week EXCEPT when a holiday falls on or before your regular pick up day. Then you’re recycling and rubbish materials will be collected one day late.
Holidays that Affect Collections Are The Following:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
The standard trash containers are 96 gallon and 68 gallon. A second container is available at additional cost. Contact Allied Waste for details at 440 – 458 -5191.
Container placement: Place containers within 3 feet of the curb with the arrows facing the street, and 3 feet apart. Do not block mailboxes.
Note: Do not place containers at the curb prior to 5:00 P.M. on the day before collection. Please remove empty containers within 12 hours after collection.
For more information please contact the AW Customer Service Department at 440 -458 – 5191 or 1 – 800 – 433 – 1309, office hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday.
Rubbish Rules and Regulations for Single Family Homes and Condos
- Food Waste – drained, wrapped and placed in a plastic bag.
- Other trash- Juice boxes, paper containers, waste paper, etc.
- Sharp items, broken glass, syringes, etc. Place in puncture-proof container prior to placing in cart.
Items below picked up on a regular pickup day the first Friday of the month
- Household furniture, carpeting, tied and rolled into 4’ lengths etc.
- Tables, swing sets, and television sets, etc.
- Refrigerators, freezers – Doors removed – Freon removed
- Window AC Units and Dehumidifiers – Freon Removed
- Washers and dryers
- 3-32 gallon cans or 6 bags of trash
- Christmas trees picked up the first and second full week of January
- Wood, construction debris must be cut to 4 ft. lengths and bundled. Bundle maximum 40lbs. each.
- Large cardboard must be broken down flat and tied into bundle. It will not be picked up standing whole or with trash inside.
Not Permitted At Curb
- Car parts, tires, batteries, etc.
- Extra bags or cans of trash except the first Friday of the month
- Contractors are responsible for removal of building materials and debris
Recycling Rules & Regulations
A Green 68 Gallon Cart will be provided for all your recyclable materials which include:
Cardboard, newspapers, junk-mail, magazines, cereal boxes, glass bottles and jars, aluminum and steel cans and numbers 1 and 2 plastics. Place all items loose in recycling cart.
Note: Do not jam items into cart or over stuff container
Items excluded from recycling collections
Window glass, light bulbs, drinking glasses, mirrors or ceramics, and plastic containers that are contaminated, i.e. motor oil, antifreeze, pesticide and herbicide containers and those with food. Place above items and empty containers in trash container.
Yard Waste Rules and Regulations
Separate brown bag yard waste collection will take place the week of March 15 through November 30th on your regular Republic Services pickup day placed next to your blue trash tote.
Grass Clippings and other yard waste for composting:
All grass clippings and other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard waste bags not to exceed 40 lbs.
Christmas Trees are picked up on the two Fridays following Christmas. (Unless otherwise noted)
They are picked up by Allied Waste along with trash pick up.
If you have questions or would like to make a suggestion,
please call Allied Republic Services at (440) 458-5191.
GRAFTON SERVICE DEPARTMENT:
Brush and small tree trimmings
Brush will be picked up every Wednesday morning unless an emergency should arise starting the end of April and continuing into October. All brush must be out by 7:00 a.m. Limbs are to be no longer than 4” diameter and cut to 8’ length. Cut brush so it will go through an 8” x8” opening. Cut ends must face street and all laying in the same direction. Separate the stumps rose bushes, etc. Must be tied and bundled in no longer than 3’ lengths and must NOT have root ball attached. No vines. Nails and wire have been in brush in the past. Brush with foreign materials or in garbage cans will not be accepted. If brush does not meet the requirements listed above, it may not be picked up.
Leaf pick up
Curbside leaf pickup is during the first 3 weeks in November (weather permitting) Leaves are to be placed loose on curb lawn. Leaves will not be picked up if blocked by parked cars. Village employees will start at one end of town and work their way through each week. Therefore, we will go through your neighborhood once per week.